Gel Insulated Joints
SHARK® Classic Series gel insulated joints can be used to make straight connections on 0.6/1 kV single or multicore low voltage cables with up to five cores.
Thanks to the greater space available inside the joint, the versions without terminal blocks are suitable for straight connection of single-core cables, and for the connection and insulation of electronic boards and components.
The versions with terminal block allow straight connection with double insulation of cables with up to five cores and are available upon request with tin-plated aluminium connectors for copper-copper, aluminium-aluminum, and copper-aluminium connections.
- Compliant with CEI EN 50393 standard for low voltage joints
- Self-extinguishing in accordance with EN 60695-2-11 standard
- Low smoke and toxic gas emission in accordance with CEI 20-37/2-1 and CEI 20-37/4 standards
- Protection degree: equivalent to IPX8 (CEI EN 60529)tested in water at a depth of one metre (CEI EN 50393 par. 8.6.3)
- No accidental contact with live parts: the cable ties supplied prevent the reopening of the joint without the use of tools, as required by IEC 60364 standard
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to 90 °C▪Compliant with directive 2011/65/UE (RoHS 2)